Monday, February 4, 2013

The Libertarian in Me

After much deliberation, and an honest preference to not associate with any group of people if I don't have to, I think I am going to switch my party "preference" to Libertarian.

Obviously(hopefully obviously) I am a person of conservative values, and while that should be a ringer for the Republican party, I have developed serious issues with both the Republican party and the two party system in general after completing my research project. The Party Platform for the Donkey and the Elephant truly are nearly the same, but written in a different priority order (especially now that the Dems decided to sneak God back in, and Repubs are being forced into Immigration). The fact is, that both parties have problems communicating with each other, and seldom represent anything that is actually relevant to the average American. Highly emotional topics, yes. Relevant, no. And on top of that, each party is taking turns robbing individual rights in their own small ways.

So why Libertarian? Well, the basis seems to fall in line a lot with a book I recently read called "The Constitution: A Heavenly Banner" and Libertarianism is broad enough that you can get all kinds of wacky and special to meet your needs within its boundaries. I know this will cut me out of all kinds of special parties and gathering I would have never gone to anyway, bummer. Unfortunately until we find a way to kill the 2-party system, it won't matter anyway. Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment